HOSTING A COMPETITION
Meet Hosting Documents
Please review the Speed Skating Ontario Hosting Manual for information about hosting a competition.
Competitive events held by any affiliated club must be sanctioned by Speed Skating Ontario (SSO). To apply for a sanction please review and submit the documents on this page. Completed applications must be submitted to SSO at least thirty days prior to the event.
If the sanction application and required documents are all approved and payment received, a Certificate of Sanction will be sent to the applicant via email. A hard copy will be sent if requested.
Following the completion of a sanctioned meet, the meet coordinator shall complete the administrative work as outlined in the Hosting Manual and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Supporting documents are due to SSO within twenty-one days of the event. Check-in fees are due to the Association within ten days of the event.
When OSSA returns to Phase 3 Events, please use the following documents:
1. Certificate of Insurance request form (September 2020)
2. Meet Announcement Template (September 2019)
3. Phase 3 Meet Sanction Application and payment (September 2018)
5. The link to the Officials online tracking grid will be sent to each Meet Coordinator at the start of season.
If you are looking for the list of scheduled officials to fill in your volunteers please contact OSSA for the link.
6. Club entry form for club meet registrars - Elite Circuit (September 2019)
7. Club entry form for club meet registrars - Provincial Circuit (September 2019)
8. Club entry form for club meet registrars - Special Olympic skaters (September 2017)
During & Post-event Forms:
4. Meet Coordinator Post-Event report (September 2019)
5. Chief Referee Post-Event report (September 2019)